Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm Home/ All My 2007 Reads

Hello everyone! You have no idea how good it feels to be back home in my own little space again. I just got back from a two week vacation in Georgia where my parents and my husband’s mom lives and although I’ve had internet access and still visited everyone as well as tried to keep updated I’ve pretty much been neglectful. Well I’m back! It was a wonderful visit although I’m still a little peeved that we arrived on my birthday and came home on hubby and mine’s first wedding anniversary :o(

Since I’m carrying everything into the house today I’m planning on taking a picture of all our Christmas presents (something I meant to do... honestly!) and I’ll put that picture up sometime today or tomorrow.

So how is 2008 treating everyone so far? Besides that godawful six hour car trip I just came out of, it’s been pretty good to me. I’ve noticed that people have been posting everything they read or a “best of” list from their 2007 reads and I’ve been keeping up with mine too for the past year and a half so I have a complete list of my 2007 reads. Let me tally up how many I read first (seriously, I’ve got to add the books I read while on vacation first and count up a total)..... oh I’m so ashamed! I only read 97 books in ‘07! In 2006 I managed 164 so although 97 seems like a big number it’s not really my finest effort. I’ll just have to do better this year won’t I?

I didn’t start my first blog here until last July so you won’t find reviews on books before then at my Movieholic and Bibliophile Blog but you’re more than welcome to leave comments on some of my first posts. Here’s my complete list:

2007= 97 books
December
Blow Me Down by Katie MacAlister
Black Ice by Anne Stuart
The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum
Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia by C. S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
November
Sounder by W.H. Armstrong
After Tex by Sherryl Woods
Scruffy by Jack Stoneley
The Art of Animation: From Mickey Mouse to Beauty and the Beast by Bob Thomas
Lady of Conquest by Teresa Medeiros
Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton
October
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Springwater Wedding by Linda Lael Miller
For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison
A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison
Undead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner
A Springwater Christmas by Linda Lael Miller
September
Dates from Hell by Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Kelley Armstrong, & Lori Handeland
Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
Kavik the Wolf Dog by Walt Morey
Death on Demand by Carolyn G. Hart
Jessica by Linda Lael Miller
Miranda by Linda Lael Miller
Savannah by Linda Lael Miller
Rachel by Linda Lael Miller
One Night of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros
Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris
A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros
August
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
The Masquerade by Brenda Joyce
Shadows and Lace by Teresa Medeiros
The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton
On the Street Where You Live by Mary Higgins Clark
The Animated Films of Don Bluth by John Cawley
Lean Mean Thriteen by Janet Evanovich
No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong
Broken by Kelley Armstrong
Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
Second Chance by Jane Green
Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
July
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Hollywood Cartoons: American Animation In Its Golden Age by Michael Barrier
Keepsake Crimes by Laura Childs
Springwater by Linda Lael Miller
A Damned Serious Business by Rex Harrison
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros
June
Dating Dead Men by Harley Jane Kozak
May
Cross My Heart by Carly Phillips
Second Sight by Amanda Quick
April
Hot Item by Carly Phillips
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz
Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong
The Quiet Game by Greg Iles
March
Sleeping with the Fishes by MaryJanice Davidson
Passion, Betrayal, and Killer Highlights by Kyra Davis
Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich
Plum Lovin by Janet Evanovich
Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
No Nest for the Wicket by Donna Andrews
Mistral's Kiss by Laurell K. Hamilton
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Witch by Barbara Michaels
Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
February
Chocolat by Joanne Harris
Deadly Kisses by Brenda Joyce
Deadly Promise by Brenda Joyce
Deadly Caress by Brenda Joyce
Owls Well That Ends Well by Donna Andrews
We'll Always Have Parrots by Donna Andrews
Tight as a Tick by Toni L.P. Kelner
Deadly Memories by Joanne Fluke
Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte by Kyra Davis
Death at Bishops Keep by Robin Paige
Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber
January
Marley & Me by John Grogan
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Dolly by Alanna Nash
The Bride and the Beast by Teresa Medeiros
Touch of Enchantment by Teresa Medeiros
Secrets by Brenda Joyce
Deadly Desire by Brenda Joyce
Deadly Affairs by Brenda Joyce
Deadly Pleasure by Brenda Joyce
Eternity by Maggie Shayne
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
Strange Candy by Laurell K. Hamilton
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts
Silent Prey by John Sandford

3 comments:

  1. Ninety-seven is very impressive to me, Jen! I read less in 2007 than the year before as well. Of course, I think my 2006 was a complete fluke as I never read quite that much. I hope your 2008 reading year is everything you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Jen! I agree with Wendy that 97 is impressive, I didn't even reach that amount!!! I'm hoping I will read more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts (that's her first series I read, BTW) and I like it. :)

    I read about 92 books (based on whatever I can trace back from May 2007, I only started doing up lists in June).

    Happy reading 2008!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog