Saturday, January 5, 2008

Photo Hunters-Delicious


Today's Theme is Delicious!
I don't know about you but when I think of the word delicious I always think about fresh baked cookies, brownies, or cake! Yummmmm.......
The recipe for this particular cookie is from Lemon Meringue Murder by Joanne Fluke:

Cinnamon Crisps

Preheat the oven to 325°F

2 cups melted butter
2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 cup white sugar (granulated)
2 beaten eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar (critical!)
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/4 cups white flour (not sifted)

Dough-ball rolling mixture:
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Melt the butter. Add the sugars and mix. Let the mixture cool to room temperature while you beat the eggs, and then stir them in. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix well. Add flour in increments, mixing after each addition.

2. Use your hands to roll the dough in to walnut-sized balls. (If the dough is too sticky, chill for an hour before rolling)

3. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl to make the dough-ball rolling mixture. Roll the dough balls in the mixture, then place them on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet. Flatten the dough balls with a greased or floured spatula.

4. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes. (They should have a touch of gold around the edges) Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove the cookies to a rack to finish cooling.

Yield: App. 8 dozen, depending on cookie size.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Yum Yum!!
    I just gained a pound reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Mine is up as well. Hope you can come and visit me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two days until my diet starts...think you can send one over here before then? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...yum yum! Thanks for the receipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I really like PhotoHunters but since I don't own a camera right now, I can't participate because the blog owner didn't like that I posted a stock image. It was a bit snotty if you ask me. Kinda like, "My meme is so great that we don't need you" type of shit. I wanted to do it until I got that response. Even if I get qa camera, I don't think I'll be participating in that meme again.

    Sorry for the cursing.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog