Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teaser Tuesday- The Faery Reel/ Update

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.

  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

  • Please avoid spoilers!

THE FAERY REEL (ANTHOLOGY)- UNDINE BY PATRICIA A. McKILLIP

Other times they just die in our world. They don't float like mortals anymore. They sink down, lie among the water weeds and stones at the bottom, their skin turning pearly over time, tiny snails clustering in their hair.


Hey guys! You may have noticed that I’ve started adding little pictures and music to the sidebar over there>>>>>>>>>>>>> that have to do with what reviews are currently posted. I really hope you enjoy them! Oh and the videos on the blogs are actually playlists and you can either watch it all the way through or skip them. It just doesn't clutter up the blog as much (and loads faster) in a playlist.

9 comments:

  1. great teaser! that is a pretty book cover.
    I did notice the pics on the sidebar...I also enjoy your polls :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser, Jen! Looks like I need to get this one but into the wish list it goes first... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naida: It's full of beautiful illustrations that I just love but the cover is my favorite so far. Thanks! Sometimes I do forget to update the poll (or think up a question for that matter) but I like having them on my site.

    Alice: I can't even remember what I was searching for when I accidently stumbled across it at the library. I immediatly added it to my "cart" and after finishing two other library books it came next. I really love reading and doing anthology reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the look of this book! I'm also a big Patricia McKillip fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I love the cover too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your teaser! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my first teaser post:
    http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-kushiels-mercy-by.html

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great teaser. That is one awesome book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aviannschild: I've never read one of her books before and I haven't got to the short story yet but it does sound like something I would like.

    Melody & Dar: Thanks! The cover is what drew me in lol.

    Wendi: Thank you. I liked yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladytink, I highly recommend her books! (I also mentioned this book in my Friday Finds last week.)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog