Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Library Love Month Meme

How do you plan on celebrating Library Lovers’ month?
I didn't know anything about it but I'll probably bake cookies for my librarians again. They deserve it!

How often do you accidentally spell library as ‘libary’ when you’re in a hurry?
Lol! I used to pronounce library like 'libary' when I was little until someone corrected me and ever since then I've made sure to say and spell it correctly.

What is the longest you’ve ever gone without visiting the library?
Oh before I moved down here I hardly ever went. I've always liked owning my own books and that was before I discovered this book blogging community as well as my online reading groups so there really was no need. Since then though I go (or hubby does for me) once or twice a week at least.


What is the biggest fine you’ve ever had?
I had a $15 fine once or maybe my mom did? I can't remember but I haven't had over a $1 fine in a long time.


When you go to the library, do you plan ahead and make a list? Or do you browse?
I order my books through the library website catalog. I hardly ever browse the library unless there is a line, just pick up what I ordered or have hubby do it.

Have you ever been shushed or hushed by a librarian?
Nope. Libraries are quiet places! Besides I'm usually on good terms with my librarians or else I find another library.

What is the worst (against-the-rules) thing you’ve ever done in the library?
Can't say I've ever done anything bad in a library before lol.

What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done to a library book?
Lost it!

Have you ever had a “favorite” librarian?
Oh of course! When I was in middle school I volunteered in the library because the librarian was more like a friend than an "adult". Once I moved down here and started using this library I've had several favorites because the ladies are so nice! Then I moved a town over and tried using the local library (it's the same system) but everyone was so rude I just decided to keep going to the one I know.

If you could change one thing about your library it would be…
The layout. It could look so much better and more inviting. I wish the computer people had their own seperate little room too.

~~~~
I tag all library users!

2 comments:

  1. Great meme, Jen! I wish my job is a librarian!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in the university library during my undergrad years and really enjoyed it. I don't really use the library anymore, sad to say. My own personal library (which always seems to be growing) has me covered for the next several years or so.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog