Saturday, October 10, 2009

:( Sorry!

The next review after The Winged Colt of Casa Mia I was going to do was a follow up of Noel Streatfeild's Ballet Shoes called Theater Shoes. Unfortunately I didn't take very good notes at the time and I don't really remember much of anything about the book. This was in the introduction that I copied down though so I thought I'd share:

Streafeild wrote in 1944:


Some years ago Random House published my story of Pauline, Posy, and Petrova Fossil, three English children who were brought up together as one family. That story finished with Pauline leaving for Hollywood, Petrova settling down near an aerodrome in England, and Posy off to Czechoslovakia to train for the ballet. Since the beginning of the war, innumerable children in America have kindly written to ask me how the Fossil children are getting along; particularly, since the German occupation of Czechoslovakia, I have had anxious inquiries about Posy. I have answered all these letters, but it now happens, owing to the help the Fossil sisters are at present givin to some other children, that in this story I am able to give news of them.

This book is dedicated to all you children in America who have asked kindly after the Fossil sisters. It has been very nice of you to take such an interest.


Title: Theater Shoes
Author: Noel Streatfeild
Series: Shoes, Book 3 (?)
Start & Finished: 3/28/09- 3/29/09
Published: 1945
Publisher: Random House Inc.
Pages: 281 (paperback)

3 comments:

  1. That's okay, Jen. My memory isn't so good some of the time either. Probably most of the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LadyTink!

    My memory has more holes than swiss cheese and they're bigger.

    Love the cover though, mucha bonita!!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all right, Jen. I have the same predicament...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog