Monday, June 14, 2010

Musing Monday- Reading Family Members

This week’s question was inspired by an online book group MizB belong's to…

Who in your family (both immediate & extended) are readers, and who are not?

The only person who read in my family while I was growing up was my great-grandmother and that is where I got my love of reading. According to family tales, I would walk up to anyone who came to the house and ask them to read to me. A couple of years before I moved away from home I did get my mom hooked on reading finally though. Unfortunately my husband doesn't like reading very often. He'll occasionally pick up a book (he loved Stephen King's Dark Tower series) but it's very rare. That's why I enjoy all of these book blogs so very much!

3 comments:

  1. Well, luckily my mom is a voracious reader and instilled it in all of us kids. My aunt loves paranormal and YA and while my grandma doesn't read the same type of books, she is an avid reader. Funny but my cousins my age aren't into reading much. I love it when I can talk to my family about books!

    I agree that I'm happy to have fellow bloggers to chat with.

    Thanks for the fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up a lone reader. Fast forward many years later that's now, my sister Rose reads a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lone reader as well. That's why I started a blog. I wanted to share my love of readers. I think blogging has opened my world of books, and I try genres I never thought I would enjoy. Surprisingly, I now read mysteries and romance...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog