Thursday, December 20, 2007

BTT-And, the Nominees Are…


  1. What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  2. What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  3. And, do “best of” lists influence your reading?


Fiction Nominations (links to my posts on the books too):
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling(of course), Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich, The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton, A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton, For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison, All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris, Undead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson, No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong, & Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Nonfiction Nominations:
I'm ashamed to say that all of the nonfiction books I read this year were published before 2007. Next year I'll be reading more nonfiction though!

I rarely pay any attention to those "Best of" Lists but from what I've seen on Amazon.com's Editors Picks I'll just stick with recommendations from friends.

9 comments:

  1. Damn I forgot to put Harry Potter on my list, must go and update my post now! I will be reading The Harlequin, Kim Harrison and Charliane Harris, No Humans Involved as well at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was some list! I am impressed!

    I read one non-fiction of 2007. However I have read a lot more from previous years!

    Here is my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are an "on time" reader! I am still waiting for Harry Potter to come out in paperback. I am very cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're much more on the ball than I am! I take a few years to read the 'new' books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, Jen! I can see we have almost the same taste in there... ;P

    As for non-fiction, I don't read them as many as I do with fiction, probably I will have to do so next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking through the BTT replies and haven't found too many nominations for Harry Potter. I thought I was going to be the only one nominating HP7. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't narrow my list to just one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, HP is on almost everyone's list, but it's sooo good!

    I tagged you for a blog tag. See my site for details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll read Kelley Arnstrong series, it seems great

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog