Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Every Month is a Holiday Challenge

I joined this really cool reading challenge back in September that runs from January- December of 2008 called The “Every Month is a Holiday” Challenge. If you think about it, every day is a celebration for someone so there are lots of things to choose from and the main page lists quite a few choices. I finally got around to figuring out my list of what I’m reading for the challenge and why I’m reading that certain book will be in parentheses:

January- The Complete Tales of Pooh by A. A. Milne (Milne’s birthday)
February- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Dickens’ birthday)
March- Dr. Seuss & Mr. Geisel by Judith and Neil Morgan (Dr. Seuss’ birthday)
April- Puttin’ on the Grits by Deborah Ford (Southern Belle Month)
May- Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn by Donald Spoto (Hepburn’s birthday)
June- The Art of Maurice Sendak by Selma Lanes (Sendak’s birthday)
July- E. B. White: A Biography by Scott Elledge (White’s birthday)
August- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell (Homeless Animal Day)
September- The Roald Dahl Treasury by Roald Dahl (Dahl’s birthday)
October- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving (Halloween)
November- Thanksgiving Day by Janet Evanovich (Thanksgiving
December- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Christmas)

I can’t wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog