Monday, July 26, 2010

Musing Monday- Book Reviews?

This week’s musing asks…

Do you review books? If so, for who?

If not, have you ever thought about doing so? Why, or why not?


Yes I write book reviews! That was the whole reason I started blogging. I was writing movie reviews elsewhere on the net and I wanted to post pictures and videos but couldn't. Then I thought about posting book reviews the same way. It's now been three years and I'm still writing both (more books than movies lately though)! My review blog is called The Movieholic & Bibliophile's Blog and you'll only find reviews over there.

I don't usually do this but right now I'm reviewing all of the books in Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series all at once on my blog. I popped in a review for the Julia Roberts, Richard Gere movie Pretty Woman to break up the monotony yesterday. Go check it out!

------------------

Happy Birthday to my husband today!


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband! I subscribe to your other blog as well, so I see your reviews, and think they're outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging just to share my love of books - the reviewing for authors/publicists has been a great bonus!

    Here is my musing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be reviewing her books in August. I am looking forward to writing them. I love her books. Here is Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your hubby,Jen,and I enjoy reviewing books because it's a little like what I use to do back in my bookseller days-spread the good word about a great read:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reviewing books AND movies and have them on my various blogs (I have 20 now, which is crazy, I know!).

    Here's my musing:

    http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/musing-mondays-do-you-review/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you hubby! I always enjoy your reviews :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your husband! You know I enjoy reading both your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bermudaonion: Thank you! I always look forward to your comments.

    Kristin: I've had offers but I tend to stay away from that aspect of blogging. I do it for me and everything else is just bonus.

    Lori: I'm almost all done reviewing the Anita Blake series! I have four left! I wish I still loved her as much as I used to but there's something about her books that I can't give up.

    Lady T: Thanks. I love your book reviews! They're the closest to what I do that I've found online.

    Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow: 20 blogs?! Wow! I had three at one time but they got annoying so I've cut it down to two and I definitely don't regret it. I actually deleted the third one yesterday.

    Naida & Melody: He says thank you and I always enjoy your reviews too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog