Monday, February 14, 2011

Musing Monday/ Cover Contemplation

This week’s musing (in honor of St. Valentine‘s Day) asks two questions, but you only need to answer one…


If you read romance novels, answer this question: Who are your favorite “romance” authors? Why?

Plain jane romance novels isn't something I read all that often anymore, I much prefer urban fantasy with romance elements like Laurell K. Hamilton. However, I do have a few romance authors I like such as Jennifer Crusie because she's so funny or Nora Roberts/JD Robb but only her series books for some reason. Oh, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Brenda Joyce, and Teresa Medieros is usually awesome too! The latter was actually the first book I reviewed over on my other blog.
---------------------

Cover Contemplation Time! You didn't think I'd forgotten about this did you? There isn't that much out there for Kelley Armstrong's Made to Be Broken (see my review)... according to the author's website and the research I've done, there's only two English covers actually but here they are.

This first one is the cover for the US and Canadian books featuring Nadia Stafford. The color scheme is very similar to the previous book in the series Exit Strategy. I actually really like the UK cover though. From the colors to the picture of Nadia's Red Oak mountain lodge (or it could be meant to be the cabin in Nadia's nightmares), this cover is just neat!

5 comments:

  1. I don't read many romance novels, but don't mind romance elements at all.

    I like the UK cover a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I have missed your cover contemplations! Glad your back! Sorry I haven't noticed before now- but my time has been sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the house one for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to check out Jennifer Crusie. I've heard she's funny but I never read her yet.

    And I like the second cover better. It has more personality. Don't you hate when you get a book and then find it with another cover you like better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a good romance novel. I like Nora Roberts for contemporaries and Gena Showalter for paranormals.
    I like that cover with the mountain lodge on it best.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog