Thursday, December 13, 2007

BTT- Catalog



Do you use any of the online book-cataloguing sites, like Library Thing or Shelfari? Why or why not? (Or . . . do you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about?)

If not an online catalog, do you use any other method to catalog your book collection? Excel spreadsheets, index cards, a notebook, anything?


I have a Library Thing account that I started a couple of years ago but I don't use it anymore. I'm pretty good at keeping up with what I have and don't have so I haven't felt the need to continue cataloging my books. I keep up with what I've read in a txt. document on my computer instead and that works much better for me.

3 comments:

  1. To each his own, Jen. But I do enjoy viewing the covers when I'm updating the books, hehe...
    Happy BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes simple is best. :-) I do enjoy the cataloging sites, but nothing compares to my Excel spreadsheets, I admit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this: http://www.collectorz.com/book/

    Then I can export and upload in Library thing for the Social networking aspect. I am behind, though :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog