Monday, January 14, 2008

Book Buying & Updates

I always feel so guilty when I buy books lately because I have over 100 books in my TBR pile (seriously, and I’m not counting the five or so library books I seem to check out every week either) but I couldn’t help it when I found out that Janet Evanovich’s Plum Lucky had come out and again yesterday when I picked up the anthology My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon because it has short stories by two of my favorite authors Kelley Armstrong and Katie MacAlister as well as 7 others.

Speaking of Mrs. MacAlister, I finally got my post of her book Ain’t Myth-Behaving up and now I’m only 8 posts behind again. I also finally got my hands on Patricia Briggs’ Moon Called that Darla D recommended a while back. I loved it! Hubby is supposed to be picking up Blood Bound and some anthology with another one of her stories in it for me from the library today.

I’m supposed to be getting the fourth book in Anne Stuart’s Ice series in the mail today too. Thanks again to J. Kaye’s book raffles, I won the third book in the series, Ice Blue from which I plan on starting soon (after I won the book I read the first two). They’re wonderful!!!

If you enjoy William Butler Yeats’ poetry as much as I do, look for a post later this week over on my other blog!

6 comments:

  1. I do like Yeats!

    Ha ha, My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon is the funniest title I've heard since I saw a copy of Knitting with Dog Hair at my library. Seriously, it's about making your dog's hair into yarn and knitting from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel guilty as you are not alone, hehe. Oh, I want to get that anthology, just because Kelley Armstrong's story is in it. And I'm glad you enjoyed the first two books by Anne Stuart, I can't wait to wait Reno's story next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you mentioned My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon! I didn't even know about that one. I still haven't read the first anthology, but at least I own in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all of Anne Stuart's Ice Series. Great stuff.

    Oh... isn't it nice to bump into another book buyer. LOL. I am still itching to buy some despite already having a pile that has taken a life of its own. It's growing... Since I can't buy from bookstores now, I buy online but the feeling's different...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over 200 books in your tbr pile???!!! Wow! And thanks! lol.. you make me feel better only having 28 bks in my tbr pile! hahahahahaha..

    Honestly I have come to realize the bigger the tbr pile the better!! it gives one choices!! And I love having choices! No matter what your mood, you can find something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 109 to be exact. It is nice to have choices though I have to admit I would like to have at least half of these read by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog