Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Challenge Updates

I have all those challenge buttons on my sidebar yet I never pay them any mind lol. Somehow I’ve actually completed a few challenges without even realizing it! So here is my progress and my completed ones:

1st in a Series Challenge Rules: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.


1. Sacred Cows by Karen E. Olson
2. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
3. Tall, Dark, and Dead by Tate Hallaway
4. The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan (39 Clues)
5. Elvenbane by Andre Norton & Mercedes Lackey
6. The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan
7. Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey
8. Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong
9. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
10. Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast
11. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White
12. Evernight by Claudia Gray

2009 Young Adult Book Challenge Rules: Read 12 Young Adult Novels



1. The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan (39 Clues)
2. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
3. A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
4. A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
5. Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine
6. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
7. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
8. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
9. One False Note by Gordon Korman (39 Clues)
10. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
11. Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
12. Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Bookworm's Romance Reading Challenge 2009 Rules: Choose at least 5 novels read them between Jan 1st though Dec 31st 2009.



1. Tall, Dark, and Dead by Tate Hallaway
2. Fire & Ice by Anne Stuart
3. Dead Sexy by Tate Hallaway
4. Romancing the Dead by Tate Hallaway
5. Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews

2009 100+ Reading Challenge Rules: Read 100+ Books in 2009



So far I've read 58 books this year.

The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge Rules: ** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.



1. Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain
2. Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn
3. Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn
4. Many Bloody Returns anthology
5. Secondhand Smoke by Karen E. Olson
6. Tall, Dark, and Dead by Tate Hallaway
7. The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan (39 Clues)
8. Elvenbane by Andre Norton & Mercedes Lackey
9. Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary
10. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
11. Dead Sexy by Tate Hallaway
12. Romancing the Dead by Tate Hallaway
13. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
14. A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
15. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
16. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
17. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
18. Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey
19. Dark Harvest by Lynda Hilburn
20. One False Note by Gordon Korman (39 Clues)
21. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
22. Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
23. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
24. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
25. Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
26. Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson
27. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
28. A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
29. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
30. The Winged Colt of Casa Mia by Betsy Byars
31. Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast
32. Theater Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
33. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White
34. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
35. Chosen by P.C & Kristin Cast
36. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
37. Candy Apple Dead by Sammi Carter
38. The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey
39. The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason
40. Guts by Gary Paulsen
41. The Day the Music Died by Ed Gorman
42. Glory in Death by JD Robb
43. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
44. Bambi by Felix Salten
45. Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden

And here's one I forgot I joined:
What an Animal Reading Challenge Rules:
Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:
a. an animal in the title of the book
b. an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal that plays a major role in the book
d. a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you'd like).

Challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by June 30th).



1. Sacred Cows by Karen E. Olson
2. Kitty Series by Carrie Vaughn (4 books)
3. Greyfriar's Bobby by Eleanor Atkinson
4. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
5. Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson
6. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
(+more)

Finally my personal challenge (which you guys are more than welcome to join) is is the Disney Books into Movies Challenge. Rules: Read all the books made into Disney film adaptations.

Here's the link to my complete list but of that list I've only read (and in some cases re-read) 12 out of 96.

11 comments:

  1. Wow - you are doing really well. Your definitely beating my on the 100+ books - I have only read 40 this year - what on earth have I been doing with my time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre doing great!
    I havent finished any challenges yet his year.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making wonderful progress, Jen! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing these challenges! You're a fast reader!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap Girl: I've been reading a lot of YA this year which accounts for the big number. 40 is pretty good!

    Naida: Thank you! I wasn't even aware I had actually finished some lol.

    Wendy: Thanks :)

    Melody: Just wish I was faster than my TBR pile :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey LadyTink... head over to my place, I have something for you and while you are there check out my new slide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing the YA & 1st in a Series Reading Challenges!

    You are also so close to the finishing the library one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing fabulously well, Jen! Keep it up!

    I only managed 45 so far...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're really ploughing through your challenges. Thanks for posting this, it's reminded me to check mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey LadyTink, you're doing great with your challenges! There are some great reads on those lists!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog