I snagged this from Savy Verse & Wit (Serena):
1. Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I like them all! A book is a book really but mass markets fit better in my purse...
2. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Um, both? Love bookstores!
3. Bookmark or dog-ear?
4. Amazon or brick and mortar?
I prefer brick and mortar but I'll occasionally use Amazon.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Mine's kind of random and they go mainly by genre and size. I do keep all of my authors together though!
6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
I sure hope this question doesn't mean throwing away books! I've never done that in my entire life. We just sell them or give them away when we no longer want them.
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Keep even though... (see #8)
8. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I can't read with that thing on there.
9. Short story or novel?
Novels mainly but I do enjoy anthologies quite a lot.
10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
I'll have to go with the one I've read here: Harry Potter
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Most of the time I ignore being tired and read until I'm finished as I hate stopping a story once I've started it. Occasionally I will stop a story wherever I please if I can.
12. "It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"?
Hmm, how about "Once upon a time, it was a dark and stormy night"?
13. Buy or borrow?
Borrow mainly but I LOVE to buy!
14. New or used?
Either. Some of my most loved books came to me used.
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
When buying new books, it's usually by an author I've read and loved before. However when it comes to used books, it's a mixture of all three.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Not too tidy if it's a series but no ginormous cliffhangers either (yes, I'm thinking of Rachel Caine).
17. Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
I'll read wherever and whenever but I prefer to read at night when its very quiet.
18. Stand-alone or series?
Really depends. If it seems a story still has more to tell me then I'm going to be irritated that there isn't a sequel. However, the reverse is true too and I'm getting a little tired of reading series that are burning themselves out...
19. Favorite series?
I don't pick favorites normally but I'm going to go with Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris and The House of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Ask me again next month and I'll have changed my mind!
20. Favorite children's book?
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.
21. Favorite YA book?
Um... way too many
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Scruffy by Jack Stoneley
23. Favorite books read last year?
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs, The Alienist by Caleb Carr, Heartsick by Chelsea Cain, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon, Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor, Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer, The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, & Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. Complete list here (with links)
24. Favorite books of all time?
I have 3: Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland, The Stand by Stephen King, and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
25. What are you reading right now?
Re-reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
26. What are you reading next?
The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up by JoAnna Carl
27. Favorite book to recommend to an eleven-year-old?
Umm... Harry Potter or Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
28. Favorite book to reread?
See number 24. I've read all those books three times or more a piece.
29. Do you ever smell books?
Of course! Love the smell of new books!
30. Do you ever read Primary source documents?
What in the world is that?!