Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friday Firsts- Nearest to You

* Copy/paste the question & button.
* leave a comment and link to your post here, include author/title.
* There'll a puzzle, sometimes, answers next Friday. Most consistant first correct answer will get a prize
*Lastly let Wendy know what you think... got ideas for improvements?
cheers



Reach out and pick up the nearest book to you right now (don't go the bookshelf and pull off War and peace). What's the first line...

A story is alive, as you or I are.



The Storyteller’s Daughter: A Retelling of “The Arabian Nights” by Cameron Dokey

8 comments:

  1. That reminds me a bit of Inkheart. Love the title of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for giving me something to post today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap Girl: It vaguely reminded me of Inkeart a couple of times while reading it too. Of course since I recently finished reading it, many things probably will for awhile...

    CarolsNotebook: :) I've been meaning to play for weeks now but keep forgetting

    Kailana: Oh! It's incredibly good (well at least this one is). I've already ordered the next one from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing, this is agreat first line...I am a sucker for reading books about reading/telling stories! the cover would be a good one for Cover Attraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy: I had fun! Looking forward to next Friday's!

    Naida: All the ones in this series have interesting covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful opening line - and what a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog