Wednesday, December 31, 2008

All My 2008 Reads/ Reviews

Another year has come to an end and 2009 is almost here! I hope everyone has read lots of neat things, enjoyed blogging about them, and met some great new bloggers too. I know a lot of people are doing their favorites of the year posts but I've never been good at picking favorites so I won't be doing that this year either.

I've actually only been keeping track of what I'm reading since the middle of 2006 which is the year I still can't beat since I read 164! In 2007 I only managed 97 books so I'm very proud of myself when I say that I read 132 books this year! I hope to beat that number in 2009 though.

I'm a little (okay, a LOT) behind on my reviews but here is my complete list of reads for 2008 (to make it less complicated everything is backwards) including links to the reviews over on my Movieholic & Bibliophile Blog. You guys are more than welcome to go over and leave comments on any of these or post links to your review of the same book (or movie!) in the comment section.

Total books read: 132
New Authors: 49
Books in a Series: 89
Short Story collections/anthologies: 5
Mystery: 36
Non-Fiction: 4
Romance: 47
Children or YA Fiction: 24
By Women: 121 (not including anthologies)
By Men: 12
Authors I Read the Most By: Charlaine Harris (10) & J. R. Ward (6)
Best Reading Month: March (19)
Worst Reading Month: August (4)

2008 = 132
December
No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt
Jinx by Jennifer Estep
Hot Mama by Jennifer Estep
The Darkest Pleasure
by Gena Showalter
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library by Alice Kimberly
Santa Baby by Crusie, Foster, & Phillips (anthology)
The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair
The Ghost and the Dead Deb by Alice Kimberly

November
Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Changeling by Delia Sherman
The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter
The Faery Reel edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling (anthology)
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep
Their Way Home by Melissa Van Rossum
Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine
Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

October
Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
The Ghost and Mrs.McClure by Alice Kimberly
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn

September
Mr.Perfect by Linda Howard
The Lady in the Lake by Raymond Chandler
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers
The Moon-Spinners by Mary Stewart
Winnie the Pooh: A Celebration of the Silly Old Bear by Christopher Finch
Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

August
The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
This Charming Man by Marian Keyes
The Alienist by Caleb Carr
24 Hours by Greg Iles

July
Naked in Death by J. D. Robb
Wreath of Deception by Mary Ellen Hughes
The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
Lover Enshrined by J. R. Ward
I'll Be Watching You by Andrea Kane
The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith

June
To Catch a Cheat by Kelley St. John
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
Faking It by Jennifer Crusie
Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Dr. Seuss & Mr. Geisel by Judith and Neil Morgan
Runaway Mistress by Robyn Carr
Tempted by Megan Hart
It Must be Love by Rachel Gibson
Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton
Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen
Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

May
Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison
My Immortal by Erin McCarthy
Troubling a Star by Madeleine L'Engle
And the Dying is Easy (anthology)

April
Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward
Greywalker by Kat Richardson
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Hex Marks the Spot by Madelyn Alt
A Charmed Death by Madelyn Alt
The Trouble with Magic by Madelyn Alt

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
The Chocolate Bear Burglary by JoAnna Carl

March
The Chocolate Cat Caper by JoAnna Carl
Lover Revealed by J. R. Ward
Lover Awakened by J. R. Ward
Lover Eternal by J. R. Ward
Dark Lover by J. R. Ward

An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris
Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin
Sucker Bet by Erin McCarthy
Bled Dry by Erin McCarthy
Bit the Jackpot by Erin McCarthy

A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle
Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson
Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris
Last Scene Alive by Charlaine Harris
A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harrris
Dead Over Heels by Charlaine Harris

A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister

February
The Julius House by Charlaine Harris
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charliane Harris
A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris
Real Murders by Charliane Harris
Crazy for You
by Jennifer Crusie
High Stakes by Erin McCarthy
Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (anthology)
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Master of Dragons by Angela Knight
Master of Swords by Angela Knight
Master of Wolves by Angela Knight
Master of the Moon by Angela Knight
Master of the Night by Angela Knight

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Forever and the Night by Linda Lael Miller

January
On the Prowl (anthology)
Ice Storm by Anne Stuart
Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne
Another One Bites the Dust by Jennifer Rardin
Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin
Ice Blue by Anne Stuart
Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit
Cold as Ice by Anne Stuart
Hard Day's Knight by Katie MacAlister
Visitors from Oz by Martin Gardner
Poetry for Young People: William Butler Yeats
Ain't Myth-Behaving by Katie MacAlister


Related Links: My 2007 Reads Post

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year of reading, Jen! May 2009 be a much more spectacular year of reading for you. HAPPY NEW YEAR, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Happy New Year, Jen!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly! lol.. you read alot Tink!

    Hey, have a happy New Year! May we both see many more good black and white movies! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your breakdown of your list. I wish I had kept a list like that. I counted on Good Reads and my blog and I read 85 books. But I'm not positive if I missed any or not. :( I did 81 last year. Your number is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice Teh: Thank you! I'd like to do a buddy read with you sometime next year.

    Lezlie: Thanks! Hope 2009 holds great books in store for you!

    DesLily: Not as much as I would like to lol. I plan on watching a LOT more black and white movies in 2009! I'd like to go through AFI's lists and watch some of those too.

    Rachael: I just keep a little wordpad document on my desktop and write down a new book whenever I read it (I also have a paper copy that I check off when I review it). I did 97 last year so I'm pretty proud lol. Hope your new year is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone in my house needs to read too! LOL Love the picture.

    It has been a good year for books and blogging.

    You read an amazing amount of books this year, Jen. Bravo! I'd like to make it to 100 this next year, but that's probably asking too much. A girl can try though, right?

    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    One month and one day until the new Patricia Briggs! (I see her on your list several times!)

    And, I hear you on reviews. I am starting this year off fresh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get my list done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy: Thank you! A girl can most definitely try, hope you reach your goal!

    Kailana: Happy New Year to you as well. Can't wait for that book, she writes way too slow!

    J. Kaye: Good luck! I had to talk myself into doing mine lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great year of reading for you! Hope you have just as an amazing of a year in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen, a buddy read sounds really good. I'm ready when you are. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog