Monday, December 8, 2008

Musing Mondays- Planned Reading/ Reviewing

How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?

I don't have a set time after finishing a book. Sometimes I automatically pick up another (especially if it's the next book in a series) and sometimes I can go a day but it usually just depends on my mood and the book itself of course.

I also don't really plan ahead. I have a general stack of books that I need to read for my book clubs before the month is out and most of the time I concentrate on that. I have TONS of books that I own that I haven't gotten around to reading because my library books come first.

I would love to be able to review right after I finish a book but I'm currently reviewing the books I read in July at the moment. I do take notes when I finish a book about what I thought etc. since it will be months before I get around to actually writing it.

9 comments:

  1. Wow - it's a good thing you take notes! I couldn't even begin to write a review now of a book I read in July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on my mood too, but most of the time I picked another one up right away. And I take notes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take notes, but I do stick tags on books that I find the passages interesting so that I can share them via my reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should take more notes than I do.. often I don't and then I'm sorry because I need to spell names right and such lol

    I might have to do this little muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie: You should see me trying to scramble together something when I forget to take notes lol!

    Nymeth: I do tend to not wait long between books. Two days at the most.

    Melody: I really should start doing that too.

    DesLily: Lol. It's a pain for me to try to remember anything other than I liked it or not after a couple of months so I have to take notes to get down my impressions quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start taking notes as I'm behind in reviews as well. Luckily, I'm only about 4 books behind rather than months but I still struggle to remember some of the details that I planned on sharing when I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I dont start my review as I'm reading the book, I'll forget to review it :P
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pick up another book right away once I finished the one I'm reading. I kind of plan for my next read but it's subject to my mood as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I write my review immediately after finishing the book. The most I wait is an hour to write the review. I used to write them the next day but I find the story is fresher in my mind if I write the review right after finishing the book.

    I start planning my next book when I am halfway through the one I am reading. Depending on due dates for my review books what I WANT to read may have to change according to what is due next.

    If I have the option of chosing what I am reading next then... I have a ritual of taking all of my review books out my drawer and sitting on the floor and looking through each one deciding what to read next.

    Oh and yes I said drawer not book shelf. My book shelves ran out of room which resulted in me using my clothes drawer for now!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog