Sunday, November 9, 2008

3 Wishes


Over at A Novel Menagerie, Sher is asking if you could have any three wishes (only pertains to your personal life) come true, what would you wish for?

The first thing I would wish for would be, of course to be rich so I could buy my own home (with my own library in it) and keep my mom and my mother-in-law comfortable for the rest of their lives. Plus, being able to travel the world whenever I’d like would be really cool and there are a couple celebrities I wouldn’t mind meeting.

My second wish is I’d like to be able to pop into what I‘m reading. I know, weird. Still, I’d like to be able to read a book and have the option of going into the story. Not interact with the characters or anything, just see what the author describes instead of imagining it.

My last wish is also going to different, I’d like to be able to talk to animals. Not learn-their-language-Rex Harrison-Doctor Dolittle-style but rather just be able to converse with them (like Eddie Murphy in the Dr. Dolittle remakes).

6 comments:

  1. I'd definitely want to buy a new & bigger house, Jen! I want my own personal library and an entertainment room (watching movies and such)! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Melody wanting my own place and a move projection room! (that would be most cool!!..filled with recliner chairs for comfort!)

    You need to read Inheart.. people go in and out of books that are read!.. however, they interact. It is true though that I'm sure we only "see" part of what the author imagines, no matter how good a writer they are describing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody: Yeah my uncle-in-law has an entertainment room with one of those projection screens and surround sound. It's very cool and I really want one!

    Deslily: Oh I have read Inkheart (that's part of the reason I read it in the first place), I just haven't read the other two in the trilogy yet. I'd like to re-read it first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great wishes, Jen. I definitely would love to be able to buy my dream home--imagine the fun I would have putting together that library! :-)

    I wouldn't have thought of being able to talk to the animals, but that's a great idea! Although, I'm not sure I would want to know what my cats and dog have to say about my singing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy: I couldn't think of a third one until Jarren jumped up here on me and started meowing lol. So I guess it was her idea, not mine.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog