Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teaser Tuesday- Treasure Island

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

TREASURE ISLAND BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

"They got the money, you say? Well, then, Hawkins, what in fortune where they after? More money, I suppose?"

"No, sir; not money, I think," replied I. "In fact, sir, I believe I have the thing in my breast-pocket; and, to tell you the truth, I should like to get it put in safety."

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book! You could totally see the inspiration for Captain Jack Sparrow in here.

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lezlie & Nymeth: This is my first time reading it. I've seen the 1950 Disney film with Bobby Driscoll and Robert Newton many times so I'm having a hard time seperating the two.

    Naida: I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, love it! I've watched the movie but have not read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading the excerpt I had multiple voices in my head. (it happens when you get as old as I am)..
    I was in love with Robert Newton's television version of Treasure Island and at the same time I had seen the movie starring Wallace Berry untold times. Both men were excellent in the movie versions.. I never read the book though, I hope you are enjoying it. (Hearing voices in your head is ok, honest! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my musings and I would love to hear what you think about them!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
The Movieholic and Bibliophile's Blog